If you love a nice, hot bath after a long day, you’d definitely want to know how to make bath bombs at home.
These days, people are inclined towards CBD bath bombs more than regular ones and are reporting positive things about them. Since medical researchers have already confirmed the calming effects of CBD, we are not surprised why people appreciate bath bombs this much.
When you submerge in a tub with a CBD bath bomb, you’ll forget all the fatigue and stress of the day.
Usually, ready-made CBD bath bombs are a tad bit expensive. So consider this your lucky day as we will tell you how to make bath bombs at home with an easy recipe. Thus, you can make as many bath bombs as you want.
So let’s discuss the CBD bath bomb recipe in detail.
The Benefits of CBD
Before we jump onto the actual CBD bath bomb recipe, let’s take a quick look at the perks and benefits that the cannabinoid offers.
Primarily, people administer CBD orally and topically. Where CBD oil gives a boost of long-lasting relaxation, topicals relieve different sorts of physical pains.
Generally, all CBD products have anti-inflammatory, anxiety-relieving, anti-analgesic, and sleep-improving properties. That‘s why they also make an excellent pre-bedtime ritual for a comfortable slumber.
Speaking of CBD bath bombs, they are an easy way to get a potent dose of CBD without rubbing or ingesting anything. Moreover, they are great for treating various discomforts, including joint and muscle pain, irritation, stress, and much more.
The good thing is that they don’t cause irritation that some CBD oil and topicals may cause.
Here are some benefits of using CBD bath bombs:
- Soothe physical discomforts, like muscle cramps
- Relieves irritation and inflammation
- Reduces stress levels
- Helps in recovery after workouts
Ingredients Required for CBD Homemade Bath Bomb Recipe
Now let’s talk about some ingredients that you need to make bath bombs. These will give the homemade bath bomb a nourishing and soothing effect.
So apart from CBD oil, here is the list of other ingredients:
Yes, it’s not just for your kitchen anymore. Sodium bicarbonate has many benefits for the skin, including pore tightening and exfoliation. In addition, it helps remove dead cells, leaving your skin fresh and radiant.
Furthermore, it also removes unwanted body smells. That’s why it’s an excellent addition to fragrant bath bombs.
Corn starch is known for its synergistic impact on other ingredients in CBD bath bombs. For instance, it binds with baking soda and other bath bomb components to slow down the rate at which the reactants are released.
Usually, a bath bomb would only fizz for a few seconds before giving out. However, if you add corn starch, it would fizz for a few minutes at least.
Citric acid is a component of many fruits. It’s also a part of cosmetic formulations and skincare products.
Since it is rich in antioxidants, citric acid reduces pore size and prevents fine lines on the skin. So its addition to the homemade bath bomb recipe will be advantageous for your skin.
Speaking of skincare, it’s hard not to mention essential oils. All essential oils have different therapeutic potential, ranging from anti-inflammatory to skin nourishing.
Not only do they work effectively solo, but they also go well with CBD oil.
Lavender essential oil is one of the favorites when it comes to making CBD bath bombs. On the one hand, it’s good for your skin; on the other, it helps you fall asleep peacefully.
If you’re making bath bombs during the colder months, opt for eucalyptus or tea tree oils as they’re good against the flu.
Similarly, citrus essential oils give you a boost of energy, making them a perfect ingredient for a morning bath bomb. If you have peppermint essential oil in your pantry, add it to the CBD bath bomb recipe to prevent fatigue during the day.
Coconut oil is a part of many home remedies for rejuvenating the skin. Due to its moisturizing properties, it’s no wonder that coconut oil is a staple ingredient for most skincare products.
Including it in our homemade bath bomb recipe will make the resulting product good for skin hydration and repair.
Although it’s optional, most people tend to use food coloring in their CBD bath bomb recipe. This is because the food color imparts a hue to the otherwise white mixture.
You can choose your favorite color or play with multiple shades, depending on personal preference and availability.
Both powder and liquid colors can be used in a CBD bath bomb recipe. However, you must add them to the mixture at different steps, as mentioned in the recipe below.
How to Make Bath Bombs at Home?
The next step is how to make CBD bath bombs with these beneficial ingredients. So, let’s get started with our homemade bath bomb recipe that will take around three hours, from start to finish, and yield one bath bomb.
However, you can double or triple the quantity to make more bath bombs.
What You Need
Here are the things you need to make a CBD bath bomb:
- Bath bomb molds
- Four ounces of baking soda
- Two ounces of Epsom salts
- Two ounces of citric acid
- Two ounces of corn starch
- A teaspoon of essential oil
- A teaspoon of water
- One-fourth teaspoon of CBD oil tincture
- One to two drops of mica color powder (you can also use food coloring as a substitute)
Trending Tips on CBD Products
- 5 Of The Strongest CBD Oils You Can Buy Online
- CBD Bath Bomb Recipe How to Make CBD Bath Bombs
- Top 5 Rated cbdMD Products
- Should You Buy CBD Oil?
- Can you make CBD Gummies at home?
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, take a bowl, and follow the instructions below.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, including CBD oil but excluding food color, in the bowl. Whisk them together to form an even mixture.
- In a small glass, mix all the wet ingredients. Don’t add color yet.
- Now, add the wet mixture to the dry mix slowly. Whisk the combined ingredients as you add more of the liquid mixture. Too much fizzing indicates that you’re adding too fast.
- If you’re using drops of food coloring, combine them into the mixture now.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, they should have the texture of damp sand. You can test the consistency by squeezing a small amount in your hand. Once you release it, it should form one to two big chunks. If this doesn’t happen, add a few drops of water.
- After reaching the desired texture and consistency, add the color powder if you’re using that instead of the drops.
- Start filling the molds. Make sure to slightly overfill them. Don’t make it too dense, though.
- Then, sprinkle a bit of the sandy mixture on half of each mold. Doing this helps both sides mix together effortlessly.
- Put one mixture-filled half on the other and hold them firmly together for a few seconds. Then, slowly remove one mold.
- Let the bath bomb dry for up to 20 minutes. Then, twist the mold of the second half to remove it from the bath bomb.
Keep in mind that bath bombs have a fragile consistency. Thus, they easily fall apart. If this happens, you’ll have to fill the mold again.
So always let the bath bombs sit overnight after removing both halves to get a solid homemade bath bomb!
What are the Best Essential Oil Combinations?
The essential oils included in the above recipe are actually optional. You can create as many combinations of essential oils to make your CBD bath bomb.
Simply, it depends on your preference on the type of scent you want to enjoy while taking a CBD-infused bath. Apart from that, essential oils also have their individual effects.
So if you’re confused about what to add and what to exclude, try going for one of these combinations:
- If you want to calm your mind down, try a combination of Lavender essential oil and Rosemary in a ratio of 4:1 drops.
- If you want to get an energizing boost, go for a 2.5:2.5:1 drops ratio of Patchouli, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang.
- If you want a clarifying combination, try a 1.5:1.5:1 drops ratio of Rosemary, Geranium, and Tea Tree.
The Best Way to Use a CBD Bath Bomb
You may already have the hint that using a CBD bath bomb is as easy as making one at home.
All you have to do is fill your tub with water and drop your favorite bath bomb in it. Then, wait till the bath bomb fizzes away.
Keep in mind that CBD bath bombs need a significant amount of time to have an effect.
So when you jump in the tub, don’t expect to get the effects of CBD immediately. Instead, relax and wait for at least 20-30 minutes for the CBD to be fully absorbed by your skin.
Now you know how to make bath bombs easily at home. Since the homemade bath bomb recipe is straightforward and fun, you can try it with your friends this weekend.
The bath bombs give us an easy and calming way to get the benefits of CBD, unlike CBD oil that sometimes gets pretty messy to use.
So say goodbye to all your Monday blues with the most relaxing bath ever!