Are you tired of tossing and turning all night? Don’t worry; you are not alone.
However, like every problem has a solution, an inability to sleep has one too. Have you heard about teas for sleep?
Herbal teas are a popular sleep aid. They not only make you fall asleep but relax your mind and unwind your body. Moreover, these beverages are made from natural ingredients and are free from preservatives.
So, if you dream of sleeping like a baby every night, continue reading for some helpful tea recipes ahead.
15 Delicious Yet Effective Teas for Sleep Recipes
These teas are super easy to make. Moreover, they are also budget-friendly. With just a few affordable ingredients, you can get an effective recipe to catch some z’s.
However, just make sure to follow all the steps to achieve the perfect results.
1. The Valerian Tea
This recipe is a well-known sleep aid for insomnia. Moreover, valerian tea is an effective remedy to curb anxiety and stress.
Besides, if you suffer from migraines, a cup of this beverage will reduce your headaches.
- One teaspoon Valerian root
- A cup of Boiling Water
- ½ tsp. Ginger
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Take a small empty tea bag and add valerian root to it.
- Put the bag in an empty cup.
- Pour in a cup of boiling water.
- Simultaneously add vanilla essence and crushed ginger.
- Take a spoon and mix it all.
- Leave the cup for a few minutes so that the water absorbs the valerian root properly.
- Enjoy this recipe an hour before bedtime.
2. Cuddle Time Tea
If you do not have a partner to hug you before you go to bed, the cuddle time tea will do the job perfectly. Moreover, you can enjoy it with your cookie after dinner.
- ½ tsp.Rooibos Tea
- ½ tsp. Chamomile
- Few Peppermint Leaves
- Two drops Vanilla Essence
- ½ tsp. honey
- Place all the ingredients in a cup and mix.
- Pour boiling water over them.
- Let the water absorb the herbs for five minutes.
- Then take a sieve and separate the dry parts from the liquid.
- Include ½ tsp. honey in your tea for the added comfort.
3. Moonrise Herbal Tea
This tea is an excellent blend of some unique ingredients. The Chamomile flowers are great for the nerves, while the Passion flower adds lots of calm.
Moreover, lavender leaves contribute towards the much-needed freshness.
- Two pieces of chamomile flowers
- Two pieces of lemon balm
- Two parts skullcap
- One Passionflower
- ½ part of lavender flower
- ¼ tsp. Valerian root
- ¼ piece of hop flowers
- Mix all the mentioned herbs in a bowl.
- Add boiling water and let it absorb all the ingredients.
- Once the water starts changing its color, pour it in a cup using a mesh sieve.
- This tea is pretty light so that you can have it even an hour before bedtime.
4. Chamomile Herbal Tea
If you haven’t found an answer to how to sleep better, chamomile tea can be your ultimate solution. Moreover, Chamomile also boosts immunity and keeps stress away.
- One cup water
- Two tbsp. Dry chamomile
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- One tsp. Honey
- Take a pan and pour water into it.
- Add the chamomile leaves and cinnamon and turn on the heat.
- Let the water boil over a medium flame.
- Once it starts to simmer, turn off the heat and pour the mixture back into the cup.
- Use a strainer to separate the herbs from the water.
- Add honey and enjoy.
5. Lemon Balm Tea
The lemon balm tea has nothing to do with your lips. But this recipe can effectively make you fall asleep. Moreover, a cup every day can improve your digestion and reduce anxiety.
- One cup of water
- ½ tbsp. Dried lemon balm
- Boil a cup of water in a pot.
- Once done, pour it into a pan with dried lemon balm.
- Cover the lid of the pan and steep the tea for five minutes.
- Enjoy a hot cup of this lemon beverage every night.
6. Banana Tea
As an excellent sleep aid, the banana tea works quite magically. Moreover, since banana peels are rich in magnesium, they help to improve your sleep pattern pretty smoothly.
- One banana (raw)
- One cup of water
- ½ tsp. crushed cinnamon
- Take a pot with water and boil.
- Cut the corners of the banana and add the middle part in water.
- Add crushed cinnamon and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use a colander to pour the tea into a mug.
- Enjoy at least an hour before bedtime.
7. Lavender Tea
Nothing beats the refreshing smell of lavender. But there is more to this herb.
Lavender tea can calm your nerves and make it easy for you to fall asleep.
- Two tbsp. lavender flowers
- One cup of boiling water
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Take a teapot with lavender flowers.
- Pour boiling water in it and steep for five minutes.
- Use a sieve to pour the tea into a cup.
- Enjoy with a few drops of lemon juice in the end.
8. Turmeric Tea
Turmeric has many healing benefits. However, it also works effectively as a sleep aid. If you enjoy milk tea recipes, you will love this.
- One tsp. Grounded turmeric
- One cup of coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. Crushed cinnamon
- Once tsp. Honey
- Take a pot and add in all the mentioned ingredients.
- Let the milk boil properly.
- Once the mix is thick enough, pour the tea into a cup and witness an immediate calming effect.
9. Turmeric and Ginger Tea
The combination of turmeric and ginger makes the best teas for sleep. After spending a stressful day at work, this beverage can help reduce your fatigue and prepare you for a great night.
- One cup of water
- ½ tsp crushed ginger
- ½ tsp. Turmeric
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Honey (optional)
- Bring a cup of water to boil in a pot.
- Once done, add turmeric, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Cover the pan with a lid for the tea to simmer.
- Pour the mixture into a cup through a coffee filter.
- You can add half a teaspoon of honey to enjoy a sweet taste.
10. Dream Tea
For a perfect sleep remedy, the dream tea is worth a try. It has a lovely blend of some unique ingredients that you would really love.
- Two tbsp. Spearmint
- One tbsp. Chamomile
- One tbsp. Rosebuds
- One tbsp. Dried orange
- A cup of water
- Take an infuser and place all the herbs in it.
- Then pour boiling water over them.
- Let the tea steep for five minutes.
- Now use a colander and pour the tea through it in a cup.
- Enjoy while reading your favorite book.
11. Sleepy Tea for a Tired Child
Do you have a child who gets tired quickly? If yes, it must be hard for you to see him/her struggle with sleep every night.
However, with this recipe, you can create a difference in his/her life. Try to find out.
- Two tsp. Lemon balm
- One tsp. Peppermint
- One tsp. Lavender leaves
- One tsp. Rose petals
- ½ tsp. Fennel seeds
- Milk as required
- Start with boiling a cup of water in a saucepan.
- Simultaneously, crush all the herbs and make a mixture.
- Pour the boiled water into the herb blend and let it steep.
- Strain the tea and serve with hot milk.
12. Sweet Sleep Tea
Sweet sleep tea is another beautiful mix of dried herbs. Moreover, it smells great and tastes delicious as well.
- ½ cup lavender
- ¼ cup lavender flowers
- One tsp. Orange peel
- Two tsp. Rose petals
- First, take a jar and add herbs in it.
- To brew, boil some water and pour it into the herb mix.
- Once done, steep the mixture for five minutes.
- Strain and enjoy the resultant drink with some honey and milk.
13. Perfect Herbal Tea Blend
With teas for sleep, you can experiment as much as you want. All the herbs used in these recipes are safe to consume. However, be careful with the quantity as an excess of herbs may lead to skin problems.
To eliminate the guesswork for you, here’s the perfect herbal tea blend recipe:
- ½ oz. Lemon balm
- One oz. Lavender leaves
- ½ oz. Chamomile petals
- One oz. Passionflower leaves
- Combine all the dry herbs and place them in an airtight jar.
- Pour a cup of boiling water and let the mixture steep.
- Place a sieve on a cup and pour the hot beverage and simultaneously, inhale the comforting vapors.
14. Cinnamon Tea
Did you know cinnamon has many benefits? It can refine your sleep, boost immunity, and can improve your heart health.
So, to enjoy this herb to the fullest, try the recipe below.
- ½ cinnamon stick
- One tsp. Cloves
- ½ tsp. Peppermint
- One bay leaf
- ½ tsp. Ginger cloves
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Once it’s ready, pour it over the mixture of all dry ingredients.
- Steep for five minutes and strain before you take your first sip.
15. Cinnamon Apple Tea
If you like eating apple pie, you will fall in love with this recipe. It is super easy to make and tastes like an expensive beverage.
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon powder
- Three tbsp. Fresh Apple juice
- ½ tsp. Crushed ginger
- One cup of water
- First, take a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Then, add apple juice, ginger, and cinnamon powder.
- Keep mixing till the ingredients blend well together.
- Steep the tea for five minutes.
- Finally, enjoy it with a healthy snack.
A good night’s sleep is essential for your healthy brain and body. However, if you are deprived of this blessing, you may want to try the above teas for sleep.
But simultaneously, also practice good sleep hygiene. For instance, exercise, meditate, eat healthy food and write a journal daily.
A good balance of healthy habits and tea as a sleep aid will help you doze off effortlessly every night.
- 9 Sleep Aids
- 15 Easy Ways to Make Teas for Sleep
- What is a Fever Dream?
- Summer Sleep Routines For Kids
- Sleep in the Military
- 10 Best Mattresses for Side Sleepers