Nowadays, you can get CBD-infused almost everything, from chocolates to face cream. Recently, CBD skincare has become a subject of interest because research has reported many benefits of using cannabidiol.
Currently, the CBD market is valued at more than $500 million, and CBD skincare brands make up a considerable part.
Do you only use a CBD face cream? Well, you can try a lot more!
Let’s introduce you to CBD skincare brands so that you can increase your CBD beauty products for day and nighttime routines.
If you are still confused about CBD use for skin, we can help answer your questions!
Is CBD Good for Your Skin?
CBD has several benefits for various skin conditions.
Acne is an inflammatory condition. You might already apply various products to reduce it. In this case, CBD is known for reducing inflammation and improving skin conditions.
A study shows that CBD reduces sebum production in your skin, preventing acne or reducing breakouts.
Research shows the compound to have antioxidant properties that can help with skin problems. The antioxidants in CBD help lower the apparent signs of aging.
Moreover, CBD may also lower the level of oxidative stress. This helps protect the skin from free radicals present in the atmosphere. Thus, it can likely prevent premature aging, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Psoriasis and Eczema
CBD-enriched products can also help in treating psoriasis and eczema. Psoriasis causes red patches on the skin, while eczema is associated with redness and irritation on the skin.
While many products used for treating these skin conditions cause a burning sensation on the skin, CBD induces a soothing effect. Thus, CBD can probably be a better choice than other alternative remedies.
Since environmental factors affect all skin types regularly, CBD’s relaxing properties can help calm and balance the skin. This is especially beneficial for people with sensitive skin who easily get a reaction and redness if they try new skin products.
Studies show that CBD can be effective in treating dry skin. It balances out excessive oil production, which might cause inflammation otherwise. As a result, it stops your skin from cracking and getting dry skin patches.
Till now, most of the CBD-related research revolves around its analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. However, future experiments that study the impact of CBD on the skin will further confirm its usefulness.
CBD – Legal or Not?
As per the 2018 Farm Bill, cannabinoids derived from industrial hemp containing less than 0.3% THC are considered legal. Since CBD comes from marijuana plants and hemp, many people are unsure whether it is legal or not.
The Farm Bill has legalized all hemp-derived products. However, marijuana-derived CBD has a whole different story.
More than ten states in the US, including Washington D.C have legalized marijuana for some medical marijuana programs. Still, as per federal law, marijuana is classified as an illegal substance.
It is essential to note that CBD’s legal status is likely to change. There is already cross-party support in Congress to legalize hemp, making CBD impossible to ban for all practical purposes.
How to Select CBD Skincare Brands?
When looking for a CBD face cream or any other product, you must only buy it from a trusted brand.
But how do you check the credibility of a CBD company? Luckily, there are a few factors that can help you choose the best CBD brands for skincare.
First off, you must read the lab reports for any CBD product you’re buying. Credible companies get their products tested by third-party labs.
So, you can check the reports for a product’s quality and potency. In most cases, the skincare creams and balms are tested for the presence of contaminants too. Thus, it helps you be sure that you’re not putting anything harmful on your skin.
Lab Report Testing Date
For now, it’s not determined how often a CBD product must be tested. This signals that a company with a 4-year-old lab report could claim that their product is tested recently in the lab.
This doesn’t, however, sound reasonable. The company should test its products consistently to ensure that its products are safe.
Therefore, a 6 to 9-month report can be considered credible but not the one older than that.
Usually, CBD skincare brands use broad or full-spectrum hemp extract in their products. You should opt for broad-spectrum products if you don’t want to use THC-containing items.
On the other hand, if the presence of 0.3% THC does not bother you or you don’t have to take a drug test, you can use full-spectrum hemp CBD skincare.
Amount of CBD
Another thing to consider while choosing the right CBD product is determining the amount of CBD in it. While checking out the ingredients, look for the sum of milligrams of CBD in a particular product.
This will tell you how much CBD is in a single dosage. After that, you can measure and see if that product will fit into your lifestyle or not.
It’s also possible that there is nothing related to the quantity of CBD. That is a big red flag! However, if CBD is listed as PCR (phytocannabinoid-rich) hemp extract, cannabidiol, or full-spectrum hemp, it is likely to be authentic.
Our Top Rated CBD Skincare Brands
After going through different CBD companies’ websites, we’ve compiled a list of the best CBD skincare brands that you can shop from.
These companies stock a wide range of hemp skincare products, including CBD oil for acne, night creams, lip balms, etc.
CannaCeuticals of California specializes in making anti-aging skincare products with additional benefits of CBD. While most of their products are aimed at skin regeneration, some are meant to hydrate and moisturize your skin too.
We’ve listed CannaCeuticals at the top because their products form a whole skincare regimen. Their product range contains anti-aging peptides, vitamins, and botanicals along with CBD.
Here are the seven products in their skincare routine:
- Refreshing Facial Cleanser: The facial cleanser has alpha-hydroxy acids that dissolve dead cells to promote new cell generation.
- Spray Toner: The spray toner is packed with vitamin C and a blend of antioxidants. Along with reviving your skin, it also makes you look more refreshed.
- Eye and Lip Gel: The CannaCeuticals eye and lip gel contain peptides, plant stem cells, and CBD. Besides reducing the appearance of dark circles, the gel also smoothens mouth lines and eliminates puffiness.
- Regenerating Serum: The serum boasts an advanced delivery system, ensuring that you get instant results from CBD. According to CannaCeuticals, regular use of this serum for up to two weeks can improve skin tone and reduce wrinkles.
- Rejuvenating Cream: Using this cream day and night can improve skin texture and make it smoother.
- Repairing Night Cream: The night cream has a micro-encapsulation blend that slowly releases the benefits of CBD into your skin.
- Resurfacing Enzyme Mask: Finally, the enzyme mask from CannaCeuticals combines the effects of CBD with botanical ingredients to leave your skin fresh and nourished.
Vertly has a collection of CBD skincare products, including a hand sanitizer, relief lotion, face serum, and recovery spray. The company’s hemp oil cosmetics are not just for improving your skin texture but also for imparting CBD’s recovery and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Vertly also sells soothing floral face mist that you can apply on your face throughout the day to prevent skin irritation. Additionally, the mist can be used as a setting spray for your makeup.
The bestseller from the company is their CBD lip balm. It contains the following ingredients:
- Shea butter
- Kokum butter
- Coconut oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Jojoba oil
- Full-spectrum hemp
Regular application of this lip balm helps hydrate and repair your lips. It also acts as an emollient since it’s vitamin-rich and has antioxidants.
Since it’s available in a tinted rose option, you can substitute it for your favorite lipstick.
All CBD skincare products from the company are manufactured in small batches. Thus, there’s a new batch every week, ensuring ingredients’ freshness.
3. cbdMD Botanicals
cbdMD has a comprehensive range of cleansers, serums, and moisturizers.
Since their products contain broad-spectrum hemp, people who have to appear for drug tests in their workplaces can use them.
- Cleansers: cbdMD cleansers are available in charcoal, gentle, and ClearSkin formulations. The key ingredients in this product are argan oil, apricot oil, hemp extract, and avocado oil.
- Serums: The company sells two serums – CBD facial oil and Dynamic serum. Both of them are cruelty-free, non-GMO, and vegan. Plus, they contain Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and jojoba oil, along with hemp extract.
- Lotions: cbdMd has two lotion formulations – Soothing and Facial. With 500mg of CBD, the tube also contains aloe vera, tea tree oil, lavender, and peppermint oil.
- Creams: One of the company’s best products is CBD face cream for your nighttime regimen. The CBD skin cream has 500mg of cannabidiol along with coconut, argan, and avocado oil.
- Exfoliant: The cbdMD Perfect Polish Exfoliant has 100mg of CBD with stone-ground rice flour, which lifts dead cells.
Some other CBD skincare products from the company include CBD body lotions, hand and feet creams, face masks, and toners.
With so many CBD skincare brands operating, it becomes hard to choose the best one. Hopefully, our top three picks would help narrow down the options.
Whether you want to incorporate a CBD face cream in your skincare routine or replace all your regular products with CBD skincare, these companies are the go-to places for shopping.