Sometimes using products from Sephora and Ulta is not enough when it comes to taking care of your skin. As shocking as it may sound, this is true!
Many beauty influencers have now shifted to clean beauty. However, if you are new to this trend or want to know more about it, you are at the right place!
In this article, we will dive into the world of clean beauty! We will cover everything from what it is to where you can buy clean beauty products from. In addition, we will also suggest tips for making your routine better so that you have healthy glowing skin.
What Is Clean Beauty?
Before we explore clean beauty products, you first need to know what it is.
Defining clean beauty is not as easy as it seems. It is because this definition changes from person to person. In fact, not all-natural skincare products come under it, making it very difficult for customers to understand what to get.
If you are one of those skincare customers who is struggling to find clean beauty products, fret not! We have highlighted a few important key points that you should always consider before getting any natural skincare products.
You don’t have to look for a product with all of these qualities. Instead, only implement the points you relate to!
Several studies show how chemicals such as added fragrances, dyes, and preservatives like phthalates and parabens are harmful to your skin in the long run. So, if your skin is quite sensitive, you should use clean beauty products that do not contain such toxic substances.
If you want to lower your skin exposure to chemicals entirely, you need clean beauty products that are completely organic. For example, you can try natural skincare products such as coconut oil as an alternative for a body moisturizer.
Are you someone who cares for the environment? Or want to start doing your part now? Then look for products that come under green beauty.
This basically means any product that doesn’t harm the environment unlike most as suggested by a study done in 2020. Such clean beauty products are now easy to find as they have a green label on them. You can take care of your skin without worrying about hurting the environment.
There was a time when products were tested on animals. However, that has changed. Not only do many companies not test their product on animals, but they also don’t use animal-derived ingredients if they cause harm to the animals.
Thus, look for clean beauty products that are cruelty-free. Such products always have a label indicating this.
Build a Better Routine With Clean Beauty Products
Skincare is not a one-size-fits-all thing. In the beauty world, every person’s routine varies and the same goes for clean beauty products. However, certain principles remain the same for everyone.
One of the best pieces of advice we can give to beginners is less is more. It doesn’t matter if your products are from Ulta or Sephora. Just try using fewer clean beauty products in your routine, as this lowers your exposure to potentially harmful ingredients as well.
Natural skincare products are typically on the pricey side on either Ulta or Sephora. However, its effect on your skin will be worth the price!
Following are the steps that you need to follow for your morning routine. You can add or remove a few steps depending on your products and their functionality.
- Start by washing your face with water to wake your skin up. If you have oily skin, you might need to use a cleanser for this step.
- Take a handful of any Vitamin C serum and massage it all over your face and neck. Keep doing this till it is fully absorbed.
- Lastly, take any SPF moisturizer in a generous amount on your hand and massage it all over your face. This will protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Also, never forget to moisturize the neck!
We recommend spending more time on your nighttime routine than morning. This is because, at night, your skin rejuvenates as found in a 2019 study. Not only this, but it also repairs the damage you caused on your skin during the day.
Here is everything you need to follow:
- If you have any makeup on, start by doing a thorough cleansing to wash makeup and dirt off your face.
- Then use a water-based cleanser to wash off any leftover makeup. Take a few pumps on your hand and massage it all over your face.
- After massaging, rinse it off with water.
- Apply any face mask on your face depending on your skin type. (You can do this twice or thrice a week)
- Once you’re done with your mask, apply all the serums suitable for your skin type. For example, anti-acne, hydrating, and anti-aging. Keep patting for 30 seconds on each area.
- Then, gently apply hydrating serum under your eye, and keep tapping till it is fully absorbed.
- Lastly, apply a moisturizer to seal every product in your skin! Make sure your moisturizer is fragrance-free.
Recommended Clean Beauty Products
Imagine this: you’re standing at Ulta or Sephora and struggling to find the right natural skincare products that fall under clean beauty products.
To make things easier, we have listed some of our favorite clean beauty products you can try!
- Micellar Cleansing Water for cleanser. This is one of those clean beauty products that does not contain any artificial fragrance, dye, alcohol, and color.
- C-Firma’s Vitamin C Day Serum for serum. It is one of the most popular clean beauty products which contain antioxidants that fight off harmful chemicals. You can easily find it on Ulta and Sephora.
- ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 for SPF and foundation. This is our favorite product. It protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays by having SPF 40. In addition, following the rule of less is more, it is also a perfect clean beauty foundation.
- Tata Harper’s Resurfacing BHA Glow Mask for face masks. While this brand has all clean beauty products, this mask tops the list.
While clean beauty is a new concept in the beauty world, one thing is certain that it is here to stay! The sooner you start implementing it in your routine, the better.