You’re finally home after a long, tiring day, and all you want to do is sleep. Exercise can be done the next day, right? Wrong!
Our health is usually the first to take a hit due to our hectic schedules. The modern lifestyle has popularized the concept of fast pace everything.
So while you carry on with your life, let us share the ultimate 5 minute workout routine to incorporate into your day.
But first, are 5 minute workouts even effective?
The Effectiveness of 5 Minute Workout
Something is better than nothing. If you cannot take out long hours or minutes during a day, a simple full body 5 minute workout should do the trick.
A study has shown that even something as simple as brisk walking can make a difference. Time is of little essence if your lungs and heart are getting engaged.
The best part? You don’t need to get an expensive gym membership or buy heavy equipment.
All you need is 5 minutes, and a motivation to get fit.
So, let’s change our lifestyles!
The Ultimate 5 Minute Workout Routine
Exercise offers us lifelong benefits from helping our body remain fit to calming our soul, and so many more. Here is our ultimate guide on how to get fit at home without equipment:
We don’t think you’ll like straining your muscles on your first day of workout. So, make sure you stretch your body well before a workout session.
Once your muscles are relaxed, you are now prepared to head into the real workout.
This one’s easy, fun, and just the right thing to begin your exercise at home.
- Stand straight with your feet at a hip-width distance.
- Push your body down into a squat position.
- Press your heels onto the floor and jump as high as you can.
- Give a slight bend to your knees as you land and then immediately jump again.
Though for this one, make sure you maintain your posture well. As energetic as jump squats might be, a slight off-position can wreak havoc on your knees. So, be careful!
From our best at-home workout tips, push-ups are the second exercise that we recommend. It’s the perfect exercise to indulge both your upper body as well your core.
- Get down on the floor on your fours with your hands a shoulder-length apart.
- Retain a straight position with no bends in your body and your feet a comfortable distance apart.
- Contract your core muscles.
- Inhale and lower your elbows to bring your chest close to the ground.
- Exhale as you push your body back up to the original position.
- Repeat the process as many times as you can
Push ups may be hard to get the hang of in the beginning. If you find it more comfortable, begin with a plank and take it forward from there.
A simple full body workout without high knees? We don’t think so!
High knees get us all pumped up. It’s just the right dose of energy to get your arms and legs all worked up.
- Stand straight with your feet a hip-width distance apart.
- Raise your left knee as high as you can up to your chest.
- Keep alternating between the knees as you jump
- Coordinate your arms’ movement with your legs as if you’re running
We recommend 2 sets of 15 reps each to bring your exercise at home into full gear.
When we think of climbing a mountain, the thought is enough to tire us. However, let’s change the scenario.
Let us guide you through climbing mountains in the comfort of your home.
- Get down in a plank position.
- Keep your body straightly aligned.
- Begin by pulling your right knee towards your chest as much as possible.
- Alternate between the two knees by pulling in the left knee.
- Maintain a balanced position and repeat the process as many times as possible.
This exercise may not tire you as much as climbing a mountain, but this should be enough to get your body pumping adrenaline.
Your 5 minutes are up! Before you end your workout, stretch your body once again to relax your muscles.
If you have some more time, we recommend doing yoga. Yoga helps calm your soul and relax your body after an energetic workout session.
More 5 Minute Workouts
We don’t want you to get bored following the same set of exercises everyday so here are some more simple full-body workout you can do at home:
- Jumping Jacks
- Shoulder Squats
- Decline pushups
Tips to Maintain a Routine
Now that you’ve learned how to get fit at home without equipment, we have some tips for you to make it a routine.
Create a Goal
Anything that begins without a goal loses its meaning somewhere in the middle. Tell yourself why you are working out and stick to it.
Maintain a Healthy Diet
Good eating habits allow us to adopt fitness routines and stick to them.
It might be hard to make time but not so much to find it. Walking your dog, brushing your teeth, cleaning dishes, watching TV, you can infuse exercise anywhere.
Don’t Give Up!
We know establishing a routine is hard. You may not even find 5 minutes every day, but don’t ever give up.
A Word From Us
A 5-minute workout routine may be just what your body needs. The aftereffects of exercise remain long after the workout is over.
We won’t stay young forever. Before we are too old to take care of ourselves, let’s make our health a priority!